Warren Co. man bursts into burning house to save neighbor’s dog

Just one man went previously mentioned and past his neighborly responsibilities to preserve a pet from a burning property.

Mike Richter was the initial to discover his neighbors’ Lebanon home had caught fire next a lightning strike, our news partners at WCPO report.

“I saw a rush of flames in that window and believed, this is truly negative,” Richter mentioned.

Immediately after calling 911, Richter identified as his neighbors who had been out celebrating their daughter’s birthday.

They told Richter that the family’s puppy, Piper, was nevertheless within the house.

“He called me and said you gotta get Piper out of the home. Ran around to the garage door, the energy wasn’t on,” Richter stated. “He known as me and stated you gotta get Piper out of the house. Ran all around to the garage doorway, the power was not on,” Richter stated. “He informed me to bust down the front door, and I did.”

>> Person saved by neighbors, displaced right after fireplace in Enon

Carmen Scalfaro stated he is grateful for his neighbor’s selfless action.

“Can’t say sufficient, truly aren’t words we can specific to him or to all the initially responders,” Scalfaro explained.

The household was destroyed by the fireplace.

The house can be replaced, Scalfaro claimed, but what can not be is Piper.

“She was just as enthusiastic to see me as I was to see her,” Scalfaro explained. “She jumped on me, and the relaxation of the night and actually considering the fact that she’s been trapped to our hip.”

The fire introduced the neighbors alongside one another.

“Before this, Mike was my neighbor and close friend,” explained Jodie Scalfaro. “Now he’s my brother.” Jodie Scalfaro stated.